Rapidly build real-time, multiuser collaboration into RIAs
Using the Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service module, organizations can easily build and deploy rich Internet applications (RIAs) that include real-time, multiuser collaboration tools. The hosted service lets you offer in-context collaborative experiences, such as live chat and video, to online users without burdening IT. Customers and citizens can access the full application functionality using a browser and the free, ubiquitous Adobe Flash® Player runtime— no additional software is required.
Collaboration Service Overview Documentation >>
- Easily integrate text chat, whiteboard, webcam, and VoIP functionality.
- Rapidly build and deploy applications with the complete SDK.
- Manage user and session data.
- Host applications in a managed environment
Engage with customers and prospects more effectively through a web presence enhanced with real-time collaboration tools. Using the Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service module, you can easily integrate prebuilt components such as text chat, whiteboard functionality, webcam video, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) audio into any rich Internet application (RIA), for differentiated services that deliver better customer experiences. RIAs can also be created to deliver eLearning solutions to large numbers of participants or to enable extended team members to collaborate in real time on projects such as product design. You can also develop customer-centric applications that allow you to view and enter information into a shared form or screen.
- Enable VoIP audio — Improve productivity by enabling multiple users in dispersed teams to speak to one another through a browser, without the need to install additional software.
- Broadcast using webcam video — Meeting hosts and participants can use a webcam to broadcast live video to enhance the effectiveness of overall communication by enabling desktop video conferencing and sharing. Hosts and participants can pause, share, or stop their cameras at any time during the meeting.
- Offer real-time text chat — Conduct one-on-one or community chat in context within an existing or new application interface without having to launch or run separate desktop chat applications.
- Collaborate using multiuser whiteboards — Enhance collaborative experiences by providing multiuser whiteboards where users can explore and discover ideas rapidly and dynamically.
- Synchronize with real-time push messaging — Keep clients synchronized and enable developers to create collaborative portals and applications, ranging from a simple chat box to a complex collaborative application, such as expert consultation with an existing or potential customer, a live support desk, or a multiuser eLearning application.
Rapidly build and deploy applications
Build real-time collaboration-enabled applications fast with LiveCycle Collaboration Service. This service offers a complete software development kit (SDK), which contains ready-to-use components designed with collaborative workflow best practices, to help organizations reduce time to market. The SDK is extensible and can interoperate with existing user environments and infrastructure, such as seamlessly integrating with an existing authentication system. Adobe hosts the service and takes on the task of installing, configuring, and managing the back-end servers, so organizations can devote more time and effort to the design and development of revenue-generating applications.
Take advantage of a hosted services infrastructure
Whether the goal is to integrate real-time features, such as video and voice, into existing applications or to build completely new, real-time social experiences, Adobe's global hosted services infrastructure offers a highly available service with predictable costs. By lowering initial costs and eliminating the high costs of deploying and managing software on-premise, organizations can a see a clear return on their investment faster than ever.
- Session and user management — Automatically handle session management such as failover and user reconnections. The application can also display a list of room attendees in the form of a roster.
- Roles and permissions — Define and implement roles and various sets of permissions to enable different user rights within the collaborative application.
- Support for Adobe AIR — The cross-operating system runtime allows developers to use their skills to build and deploy RIAs on the desktop, for additional reach to end customers
For further information or to Request a Free Demonstration, please contact:
TCi Customer Service